Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Wife broke her phone help

1st off I love the site. Thank you everone for all the great info and help

now for my problem my wife droped her iPhone and kicked it across pavment at her work. The glass screen is broke but all the touch parts still work fine just spider web. What do I need to buy to fix this and where is a goodplace to get it from I have seen all kinds of stuff all over the net. So o thought I would ask all the xperts here thanks guys for all the input and help. If it would help I can post some pics to help.

Also sorry for all the spelling and gramer it's late and I am tired wife won't leave me alone till I fix it. So please help
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

I wouldn't suggest fixing it yourself, there are a number of places that will fix the phone if you send it out or you can take it to Apple who will fix it for $200 I think.

iPhone Repair - iPod Repair & iPhone Repair from Restore Doctors
    3GS iPhone Repair, iPhone Glass Repair

I HIGHLY suggest SquareTrade insurance for your iPhone.
    iPhone Guru

1,604 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts

...if u dont want to fix it, sell it to me :-)
    iPhone Beginner

98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Personally, I'd want it done right, so would just take it (or send it) to Apple.
    iPhone Newbie

26 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Apple. You probably have to pay a little bit more than if you find someone to fix it for you, but Apple will probably give you a replacement or something...
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

If you are sure it's just the screen take it to an Apple store when I had dust under my screen they changed the screen in the store in ten minutes. Ofcourse yours prob wont be covered under warranty so you'll have to pay for it. Stop using it until it's fixed, isn't the cracked screen the reported cause of the iPhones that exploded?

1,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

This is not an easy fix, I would try to find someone local that does it. A friend broke her glass and she bought new glass on amazon or something for like $30 and then found someone that fixes it for like $40.
    iPhone Intermediate

441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Yeah I agree just take it to an apple store and get it swapped out . The only thing is a cracked screen is not covered under any warranty through apple , it a $200 bill . But try and see if they can upgrade you to a 3GS , that may take a miracle tho .