Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Default PIM users, what do you think of this?

This is my idea for a better "home" screen. What do you think?

Add a new swipe method (i.e. circle, two fingered, vertical or combination of) across the home screen and it flips over and gives a notification page.

This page would contain info recent calendar items, missed calls, text messages and recent notifications from apps all in a scrolling page. tapping on an item opens the relevant app. do the same flip gesture and and it flips back over to the app screen. If I go to an app from the notification screen when I close the app it returns me to it.

it would let me dismiss notifications and calendar items as I wish. swipe and tape just like a delete

remove the current options in the popup and replace it with an option the dismisses or flips the screen over

basically it makes the front, current, view the apps. the back side becomes a pim screen.

it would be even better if the default screen could be set. I may want to always start on my notifications every time and flip over to apps. I'm sure a lot of corporate users would to.
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Sounds like a jailbreak app.
    iPhone Beginner

76 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

It would be nice. Looking back at the early days of PDAs, I think the entire industry has forgotten about the importance of PIMs as the core of a mobile device.

Apple is one of the biggest offenders as they still won't properly sync tasks and notes.
    iPhone Newbie

26 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Sounds awesome. Doubt Apple is going to do something like that though.
    iPhone Intermediate

154 Posts

Sounds quite interesting..But personally I think that apple is never going to make this for their subscribers/users, because it will reduce the dilemma for the users and apple doesn't want that. Am I right??
    iPhone Intermediate

492 Posts
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

I wish you could lock the accelramater in one position and if you wanted landscape you could twist on the screen with 2 fingers in a circular motion and it would then lock in that position until twisted again or unlocked...