want to switch to iphone from my berry ... please help

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I've been with blackberrys for the last 4 years ...

Of late, i've been looking at the iphone and simply find myself longing to move to it....

My only question is this - i travel a lot and get close to 150 to 200 emails per day - many of them with attachments.

Locally receiving emails is fine .. not an issue.
But when i travel, somehow blackberrys only download 3 or 4 kb per message and the rest comes in only when i want it to download more - so the data bill is not so high.

Can anybody please confirm if that can be done on iphone .... restrict the download to 3 or 4 kb per message especially when roaming... even a paid 3rd party app or subscription is fine for me.

Thanks for the help.

MacGenius1979

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm....as far as I know if you have ATT or Verizon, and have a nationwide plan, the data should be unlimited so there wont be any extra charges because they make you get the 29.99 data plan. Me I have BB and iPhone and I use exchange at work and syncs seamlessly (for me) and I get all my emails fast (like Blackberry aka "push") wherever. Hope that answers your questions, less I misread what you wrote.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
I am not sure what the exact number is that is downloaded, but this is what I can say.

If an attachment is "too big" it will have a download link and the file size. Anything under 100k is automatically downloaded, but I am not sure what the top threshold is.

Hope this helps!

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the info.
1. Locally unlimited data plan is fine - but what do you when u roam and u genuinely need the "push" functionality...

2. Also i just discovered that an iphone only holds 200 emails - can i do something to tweak it if i'm on a pop3 a/c.

3. And finally, the spot light search - if i search for something that is embedded in a contact's address .. lets say "city" or something that's in the note - it will not search for it. Is there any way around it...?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
2. that's not true. it actually downloads based on the number of days you pick for it to download. I got all 458 items to show in my inbox for my imap account

Cell.Phone

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
There are two options you have:

The first one is to save all of your contacts and whatever else you want to transfer to the phone on your sim card, because right now it sounds like its all saved to your phone. there is an option you can choose to transfer all contacts on the sim card. then just put it in the blackberry and youll be good to go!!

the second option is to do it the slow way, and go down the list on your razr and transfer in manually onto the blackberry.

Vctorm1000

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Hello:

I am also coming from a blackberry but i have some quiestions, please need some help:

1.- Can i save attachments on the phone, for example documents (word,excell, power point, etc). Im planing, if i get the phone, on buying documents to go.

2.- If any of you have docs to go from dataviz, can confirm if there is a find tab to search for an especific part of text on the document?.

3.- Does the phone has voice dialing over bluetooth?

4.- I hear the calendar alerts are weak, is there a way or an app to pump up the volume for them?

5.- Mailing photos, more than one is possible?

Thank you in advance, i know this questions are pretty basic but here im a newbie.
Victor

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
1.- Can i save attachments on the phone, for example documents (word,excell, power point, etc). Im planing, if i get the phone, on buying documents to go.
get the exchange edition of documents to goand I believe so. read their docs to be sure

2.- If any of you have docs to go from dataviz, can confirm if there is a find tab to search for an especific part of text on the document?.
not really a tab, but yes, it's there

4.- I hear the calendar alerts are weak, is there a way or an app to pump up the volume for them?
No. no app can adjust the volume of another app.

5.- Mailing photos, more than one is possible?
this has been answered 100 times. copy and paste them individually into an email

Thank you in advance, i know this questions are pretty basic but here im a newbie.
Victor[/QUOTE]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro