Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Black screen and ringing

This past week my Iphone was ringing, removed from shirt pocket and the display was black. Could not answer, so I turned it off and waited. Turned back on and working fine. Is this common, how often should you do a reset?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Not common as I've never heard of that happening nor have I seen it happen. Is this a new 3GS device?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

About 3 months old. Also, when removing phone away from ear after conversation is finished and ready to end call, the screen is also black, about 2 times per day.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Bring it to your local Apple store and get it replaced. First try a full restore as new before bringing it in if you have no done so already.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

I'm thinking there is something wrong with the sensor that detects your face on your phone. That might be causing both of these problems. It might just be some dirt on the screen or you might need to take it to Apple to fix it.

The sensor is directly to the left of the speaker above the screen.

Hope this helped!
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Nanite

I called tech support, said the last download had a 3% problem, +- 2 weeks ago. There is a new download which should correct these problems. We'll see, thanks for all the help. If it shows up by chance i'll follow up.