'Slide to Unlock' Help Please

ofanning06

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I bought this phone on eBay. It came unlocked/jailbroken. It is running 3.0 OS. I downgraded from 3.1. For some reason it will not unlock when you press the home button or the sleep/wake button and then swipe your finger. You must put it in sleep mode again and then immediately press home button again and swipe your finger. Only then will it work to slide to unlock.

It will also do it with an incoming call. It will not let me answer most of the time. I will have to let the call go to voicemail and then call back. Very annoying!

Please help! I also made a YouTube video that might help to watch. That way you know exactly what I'm experiencing. I have also tried a hard reset and soft reset multiple times.

To get to my YouTube video. Search for ofanning06 on YouTube and click on my iPhone video.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Well, it's a 2g, so you don't have to worry about the update messing up your baseband and ability to unlock. Have you tried restoring with the standard software. I think it would have to be a software issue, not hardware. I would probably try to restore unjailbroken with the standard software and if that doesn't work, then it's time to take it in to Apple.

Btw, never heard of this before. Hope you get it sorted.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like they didn't jailbreak it right

I would start over on the jailbreak process. Also, it's worth noting that jailbreaking is breaking the os which can lead to problems like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon