SMTP Email settings question. Help please

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
In my phone's email settings, I have my main account (a yahoo account) set up as the primary SMTP server thru which to get/send email. In the settings menu, there are also my 5 other SMTP servers (since I have 5 other email accounts) and the AT&T smtp server listed, but toggled off. I had some problems with not getting my email pushed to my phone, so my carrier suggested I also turn on my AT&T server as an other server to revert to if the primary server was not working.

This helped, but my question is, should I also turn on the 5 other servers lists in my SMTP options menu, since it says that it will go down the line in trying every server on the list if one is not working, and does doing that further use up your battery? Also, why is my server port on yahoo set to port 0? I can't seem to change it from that, although it seems to be working. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I would not turn on all of them. That create more issues.

I'd suggest deleting your e-mail account all together and resyncing. Your port on yahoo should probably not be 0 and that's probably the issue to begin with. Try deleting the account and readding it and see if that fixes the issue, if it doesn't, let us know. I'll see if I can figure out what that port "should" be.

Or if someone with a yahoo push account that works ok could be nice enough to post what their port is set to? :)

Reactions: iBoxtaboy

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I would not turn on all of them. That create more issues.

I'd suggest deleting your e-mail account all together and resyncing. Your port on yahoo should probably not be 0 and that's probably the issue to begin with. Try deleting the account and readding it and see if that fixes the issue, if it doesn't, let us know. I'll see if I can figure out what that port "should" be.

Or if someone with a yahoo push account that works ok could be nice enough to post what their port is set to? :)

Hey, thanks for the suggestions! I actually did delete the account, and then readded it, and it still set me up on port 0. Anyone else using yahoo push? If so, can you check which smtp port it is set to? Thanks.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
i don't even know why i linked that, haha

it really just wasted 5 minutes of your life that you'll never get back. :p

haha. No, at least you tried. Thanks for at least taking the time to help. No one else here did. Tipped scales for ya. ;).

Also, I asked the question on crackberry, and someone did confirm that they also have their yahoo smtp port set to 0 as well, so I guess it is normal, or we both have screwed up settings. Lol.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, that's odd that you're having issues.

This may be a really dumb thing to ask, but you do have your mail set to push under settings right?

haha. No, at least you tried. Thanks for at least taking the time to help. No one else here did. Tipped scales for ya. ;).

Also, I asked the question on crackberry, and someone did confirm that they also have their yahoo smtp port set to 0 as well, so I guess it is normal, or we both have screwed up settings. Lol.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, that's odd that you're having issues.

This may be a really dumb thing to ask, but you do have your mail set to push under settings right?

Yep, it's set to push right. Not sure what the problem is, but I seem to be getting my emails, so maybe it's supposed to be set to port 0. Lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox