Not really an email issue, but a comment-

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
One thing I find pretty annoying with the iPhone's email app is that it seems that everytime you enter the app, it needs to establish a connection and then sync or pull in the info. For example, I send an email to someone, and then exit the app. Later on, I go back into the email app because I want to see what email I just sent. Well, the email I sent is not in the sent folder, and it has to go sync with my mail account in order for it to pull the email I just sent so that I can read it. In a Blackberry, once you send an email, it is ready and available to go back and check.

In fact, I find this annoying with pretty much every app I added on my iPhone too.... it needs to establish a connection for most everything in order for the app to work, so if I'm in an area with no data connection, I can do pretty much nothing on the phone. Ok, rant over. LOL

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
rant on brother!...

so to address your points:

1. i'm guessing the lag you are experiencing with the folders updating is due to the lack of genuine 'push' email. what email client do you use? i have gmail, and even with it's push capabilities i get a lag when opening the app and viewing different folders. but i knew the email experience would be different than that of my BB Curve. a difference i was willing to live with considering all the other great things iPhone offered me.

2. iPhone by default does not allow background processes. therefor once you close an app you have to reestablish the connection next time it opens. that's why i love Backgrounder!

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
rant on brother!...

so to address your points:

1. i'm guessing the lag you are experiencing with the folders updating is due to the lack of genuine 'push' email. what email client do you use? i have gmail, and even with it's push capabilities i get a lag when opening the app and viewing different folders. but i knew the email experience would be different than that of my BB Curve. a difference i was willing to live with considering all the other great things iPhone offered me.

2. iPhone by default does not allow background processes. therefor once you close an app you have to reestablish the connection next time it opens. that's why i love Backgrounder!

Thanks. I agree that overall, I can live with those deficiencies, as there are other things about the iPhone that make up for it. It is annoying though.

The email account I am refering to, however, is a Yahoo push account, but it happens to all of my accounts, including the Gmail push on Exchange.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
A normal Exchange account or MobileMe account would solve this issue for you. But then again, neither of those solutions may be viable to you.

What's that saying, you get what you pay for? ;) The free accounts like Yahoo and Gmail always seem to cause people grief.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh man do I hate that, I ran into this once, and learned my lesson. I bought my iPhone privately so I don't have a data plan. I use the phone with my Wifi connection, so I picked up an email with a phone number and intended to add it to my phone but forgot. I leave work and then once I'm on the road I needed to call the person I open up Mail thinking the emails I've already picked up would be accessible........NOPE lol I ofcourse had no connection to the mail server.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
A normal Exchange account or MobileMe account would solve this issue for you. But then again, neither of those solutions may be viable to you.

What's that saying, you get what you pay for? ;) The free accounts like Yahoo and Gmail always seem to cause people grief.

I understand, but with a Blackberry, I didn't need to pay extra for that functionality. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox