Power Down Screen and un-commanded reboot

cwolffan

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 3G is freaking out at times. It will start showing the power down screen or re-booting on it's own. When it gives the power down screen, if you try to power down, it goes to the main screen, and then takes a pic of the screen and stores it in photos. It will also begin storing photos of whatever is on the screen during one of these "fits" if you hit the main button on the front bottom of the phone. If this happens while on a call, it will end the call and take a photo of the screen that shows while you're on the phone wiht that person's name and "end call" button. This happens about once a week, and once it starts it goes on for an hour or so. It WILL NOT let you re-boot by pressing the power button and main button together like you usually can.

cwolffan

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
It's not jailbroken. I'm still original package on AT&T. I do the updates as they come out. I thought the last one may address it, but to no avail. I upgraded to 3.1.2 this weekend and had another episode on Monday. How do you do a complete restore?

I am also concerned that this may be a hardware issue except that it is so intermittent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2