Any telephone dialing tricks?

maleemi

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I recently switched from an at&t 8125 to an iPhone and have become very frustrated with the iphone telephone dialing.

With the 8125 I could voice dial for FREE by pushing one button and speaking into the mic. Apparently with iPhone my only option is to pay AT&T $60.00 a year for a system that requires me to store my contacts online then execute four actions (Unlock, push Phone button, call up Keypad, press #08) in order to execute a voice dial.

Speed dialing is equally frustrating. With the 8125 I could speed dial with 2 clicks on the screen but the iphone appears to require a minimum of 4 actions. (unlock, press phone, press favorites, press contact name). The trick of creating the tel:// URL via Safari is clever but it?s also a royal PITA.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for speed dialing and voice dialing my iPhone that don?t include shelling out more $$$ to AT&T and arcane work-around hacks or will I just have to accept as fact that a vintage 8125 running Windows Mobile 5 has a more capable phone dialing system than Apple?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you have the 3GS, voice dialing was built into it. Because there is only one physical button on the iPhone, it's difficult to do anything in fewer key presses.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73