Need to Sync Entourage, Iphone, Google, in that order of Priority

spierce7

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey, my friend has an iPhone and he'd like to sync his calendar with google calendar so that he can compare schedules with other people on google calendar. He's done it in the past, but everything has gotten messed up. Here's what he told me:

"My prob bro is that I use the calendar/contacts from MS Entourage for Mac as
my primary source.

Even bigger prob is when I've sync-ed my iPhone to my laptop in the past -
my contacts got messed up since I don't use google calenadar/contacts.

I don't want to do this a 3rd time.

So I need to make sure everything stays in this order of priority
1) Entourage
2) Iphone
3) Google

Instead of
1) Google
2) iPhone
3) Entourage"

Is there anything he could do about this in order to sync his calendar with google calendar, and not compromise his current setup/contacts?

Thanks~

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like a lot of work. Why not have him/her just get Mobile ME, and thus sync with iPhone and MAC?

Not sure about Google. But, with regards to it, use Google Sync for calendar on the iPhone, and I guess create all appointments, twice, i.e. once for Mobile ME, and once for Google...

spierce7

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
no, see, Google calendar has a feature where you can share your calendar with other google calendar users, and allows you to compare schedules against eachother and see where there are open spots. So he because of this he wants to integrate his current system with google calendar. Make sense?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
It does. Hmm, not sure of an alternative. Unless he just uses Google Calendar/Sync and manually update any device/client that doesn't use Google Calendar...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner