Make the keyboard go away?

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to make the keyboard go away when txting?

For example, I open up messages, read a message, tap in the text box to start typing, but I need to scroll up to see something.. is there away to make the keyboard go back down so I can get the full view instead of that insanely small crevice in landscape mode?

Cheers guys
Joey

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not that I am aware of. At least not without jailbreaking. It can be annoying though, I find myself backing out and then going back into the conversation to get rid of the keyboard at times.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I just always put it back in portrait mode to scroll to see what I need to see then switch back to landscape. Bit of a pain but not a big deal IMHO.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I just always put it back in portrait mode to scroll to see what I need to see then switch back to landscape. Bit of a pain but not a big deal IMHO.

Same here, I missed this on my Motorolla Ming. It had a tap system, you would tap where you want to type and the keyboard would pop up, then you would type in the message, etc. and the keyboard would disappear and then when you tapped the to type it would pop back in. Hey Apple has to have some things to change in future firmware updates.

Stugots-II

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing as you and find that exiting out and coming back to the message works. However I find hitting the edit button in the upper right corner will get rid of the keyboard and I can scroll up and down and see the conversation. All you need to do then is hit the done button and it goes back to the keyboard.

Not the best but I find out it works for my needs. First post and just joined tonight but I have been frequenting the for the last month now.

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Okay thanks guys. I kinda figured it was one of those so-simple-of-course-the-iPhone-doesn't-have-it situations :p Just wanted to probe the community to make sure there wasn't hidden knowledge I didn't have access too :D

Cheers guys!

khalnayak

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I was also getting the same problem with the phone, and could'nt found any solution but still when i came across this thread forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1446414.htm i came to know that this is also possible thus, i would say you should also have a glance over it.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
SOLUTION: Swipe down from the screen area (where the old text is) and the keyboard should drop down so you can scroll your old messages. Then tap the message area to resume typing.

Reactions: Nanci

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Not that I am aware of. At least not without jailbreaking. It can be annoying though, I find myself backing out and then going back into the conversation to get rid of the keyboard at times.

Yes, this drives me nuts. I love my iPhone but this is something that needs to be fixed!

a.krajcik

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
At the last message sent/received, all you have to do is touch the screen and swipe down slowly the tiniest bit, otherwise the message may scroll up and you'll have to scroll back down to get to the bottom of the message.

MAC2424

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Push the rim down - when you want it back up tap where you type messages. This is for the iPhone 6.
Some Iphone 6's have a keyboard with a down arrow on the bottom right hand side. Mine doesn't 😠

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Lol... This one is a 2009 thread, I can imagine how painful it was to achieve some simple things on the iPhone of that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73