iPhone data problems on AT&T

racer2k1

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

If this is a repost I apologies in advance, but I have been looking all over for a resource for this and have yet to find one.

My goal for this thread is to try and document the data problems that I (and everyone I know) have been having with our iPhone 3G/3GS on AT&T?s network and try and get them to fix it.

I live in Monmouth County NJ and have been having problems with data since the 3.0 update on my iPhone 3G. Over the past few months I have been asking my friends about their service and have found that everyone I know with a 3G or 3GS has been having the same problems. The problem only seems to happen with data on the 3G network and is intermittent but frequent. In my case I tend to get spotty coverage, no coverage at all, or frequent time outs on the first or second time I try and load something. The only fixes I have been able to figure out is to turn 3G off or reboot the phone (which only tends to work for a few minutes at best). Most of the time when this happens I have full signal and have no problems with calls or texts. The worst part about it is that sometimes it works great for a few days and then goes out again as soon as a really need it.

*If you are having this problem or something similar I wonder if you would be so kind as to post some details about it and where it is happening to you?

So far my course of action has been as follows:
In August I called Apple tech support and they had me reset the network settings. A few days later I called again and they told me to restore the phone. When that didn?t work I brought the phone to an Apple store and they did another restore and told me to go to AT&T about it. I went to AT&T and they replaced my SIM card. A few weeks later I called AT&T and they ?updated my services,? which as far as I know means they updated my permissions on the network incase it was rejecting my data requests. After that they walked my through a few tests (clearing the cache/cookies, etc.) and had me load or at least try and load web pages for a good hour. The other day an AT&T tech called me and admitted they are having problems with their network, but when I told him how long it has been going on he didn?t know what to say. Today I called Apple and demanded they give me a new phone which I am going to pick up in a few hours. I don?t think this will actually fix anything as my friend?s phones are having the same problem, but it made me feel a bit better.

Best, DH

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
did you try the update that came out about 12 hours before you posted this that has a fix for cellular problems?

also, cellular issues are geographical. if you want better service lobby your local city council/county commission to let AT&T install more towers in your area. NIMBY is the biggest barrier to good coverage.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711