iPhone upgrade from 1.1.4 to 3.0 os

eshiva

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I am in Dubai & bought an unlocked iphone locally with a ver 1.1.4 (4A102), as I want to upgrade to version 3.0, pls adv me the actual steps to do so without getting locked. Importantly, need to take a back up of my contacts & notepads.

Rgds,

Shivakumar

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're on the old firmware you can't backup the notes through syncing. You have to explore the phone with Iphone Explorer(Mac) or DiskAid(Windows) or SSH in to the phone. The notes are stored in one notes.db file in the following location

/private/var/mobile/Library/Notes

The contacts should be synced through iTunes, just click no when you're prompted to upgrade the firmware when you connect to iTunes. After you do the sync right click the phone in the left column of iTunes and select Backup to backup the phone. In order to get info on Jailbreak and unlocking the phone we need to know which OS is on your computer? Mac or Windows?

eshiva

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
THANX for ur assistance.
1. i did not understand how to take up the notepad backup.
2. i am using Windows Vista Home as OS in my Laptop.
3. what are the steps for upgrade 1.1.4 to 3.0.

eshiva

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Now, i did all the process, but finally after the jailbreaking is done....i am stuck in unlocking....how wud i go about unlocking the iphone....top urgent......!!! my iphone is just saying "downloading jailbreaking data".....:mad:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox