Where are the emoticons?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Which ones are you talking about? I know if you buy Emoji Emoticons(SP?) you open the app and close it after 10-12 seconds. Then go to Settings, Keyboards and go to Japan and select Emoji as your keyboard. This is the one I know about hope it helps.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
If you're jailbroken, just lookup "Emoji" in Cydia. It's a free work around. If you're not jailbroken, just open the app store and search emoji. There's a bunch of 99 cent apps to enable emoji.

Whatever program you use to enable the keyboard, afterwards go into Settings -> General -> Keyboards -> International Keyboards -> Japan. There will be a toggle for Emoji. Turn it on and you're done.

Be aware, it only works on other iPhones. It appears as little squares, or random gibberish characters everywhere else.

For example: here's a smiley face.  If you look at this page on an iPhone, you'll see the emoji.

Last edited:

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
spell number is free in the app store.
open it then type this 91929394.59 then hit return.
close it and goto settings > general > keyboard > international > japanese > turn on emojis.

enjoy

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Emoji are not emoticons

It's logical to assume that he's talking about emoji...unless you seriously thinking he's literally asking how to "turn on emoticons," which makes no sense. I think we've said "emoji" in this thread enough that he knows the proper terminology now. Just because he used the wrong word doesn't mean we shouldn't help him find what he meant to ask for.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
thanks guys, I had them before 3.1, turning them on under the japanese keyboard, then they dissappeared after 3.1.