Sim Card tray stuck on my phone...

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ugh, of all days. So I needed to move my sim to my work blackberry. Thing is though, the sim card tray on my iphone is completely stuck. Tried paperclips, tacks, everythn ing to get the thing to move, but seriously it is glued. I even asked my buddy in IT if he had any magic, after several attempts he just laughed. So any ideas how to get it unstuck?? lol, because it isnt budging. Help, please, anyone.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. You tried all my suggestions.. Hold on while I look at my iPhone. Well. I have really come to no conclusions. I do thank you though. After pulling out my SIM I saw how much damn dust there was in there. Oh ya. Funny story. When I was at the rogers store getting my iPhone I laughed when the guy said that if I lose the patented Apple SIM Remover (circular paper clip) that it would caused $39.99 to replace. Way to go apple. $39.99 for a paper clip, champs. And I just used a paper clip, I was to lazy to dig out my box.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try blow some compressed air on it to lossen it up. So is your SIM card still in the iPhone or you're trying to get the SIM tray out to put the SIM back in? Also if there's dust inside the phone be very careful about shooting compressed air inside because I'm not convinced it wont be seen as water damage. The compressed air can have droplets of water if it's shaken and who knows the sensors might just pick it up.

duhneiz

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
are u pressing it as far as it will go?
u have to make sure u press it far enough so that it hits the plastic spring..
it might be that ur spring needs to be replaced

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
To report back I finally got it open. I was amazed how long it took. I actually used a toothpick shoved it all the way down, and it popped. Thanks for the help all......I felt kind of dumb...