Mail,iPod,Safari,Phone

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
These four apps run in the background whether you want them to or not. When it comes to "Phone app" well that will always run in the background. iPod, Mail, and Safari will run in the background but you can force quit them by the new method... I'm against that. so I use an app that was pulled off the app store. "Free Memory". which frees up memory and has another option of killing apps running in the background. Oh joy : ) but at times when I open up "Free Memory" I notice "Mail" is running in the background.. and even "iPod".. This is because Mail, iPod, and Safari will occasionally turn themselves on so that they launch faster for the user. Oh and my "Safari" doesn't run in the background because I restricted it : ) I don't use Safari I use 3rd party browsers such as "A Perfect Browser". It doesn't run in the background and its not a memory hog like Safari. so I think Apple should gives us options to toggle these apps to run in the background or not. Same for third party apps. Well when we can run them in the background legally lol

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
iPod and Safari do not always run in the background. You can kill them by force quitting them. And safari doesn't run if you don't open it.

When using SBSettings while jailbroken, safari and iPod were rarely open on my device unless I had opened them. After a reboot, they were never open by default.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
um no you're wrong about this. I talked to a developer about this. Do you have the app "Free Memory"? You can't justify yourself by saying they don't.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
um no you're wrong about this. I talked to a developer about this. Do you have the app "Free Memory"? You can't justify yourself by saying they don't.
iPod and Safari only run if you open them and both seem to shut themselves down after a certain period of inactivity. Mail seems to run in the background a lot, but not constantly. And, yes, I have Free Memory and Backgrounder. Backgrounder shows apps that are running in the background with a little mark, so I can always see what apps are on in the background and when.

BTW, Free Memory is an awesome app. So glad I got it before it was pulled by Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods