visual vm doesnt work

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Dial 611 from your iPhone, it's AT&T support. At the first menu select the option for help. Then select 3 for voicemail help, then select 3 again to reset your voicemail. Open the phone app and it should ask you too setup your voicemail.

adboyce

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
@sting7k..i've tried that....it didnt work. att told me i need a new sim card...didnt work. att told me to resest my network connection...didnt work. att reset my vm...didnt work. the last thing they said to do was restore my phone. i havent done that yet, but i know someone who did and it still didnt work for them.

@bullitt3246 i have the 16g 3G, v3.1, att 5.5. resetting the network connection didnt work

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Same problem here! It worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, maybe after upgrading to 3.1. I've restored my phone at least 4 times now, and reset all settings and still no luck. WTF!!??

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
have you tried actually calling your voicemail and seeing if there's some sort of reset?

last time my visual voicemail didn't work att gave me a special number to call and a few minutes later it began working again

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I talked to AT&T yesterday and they reset my voicemail. The woman told me that all I had to do was set it up again and it should work. Well it didn't work and I don't know what else to do. I really need my voicemail for work and it's a real hassle to call my voicemail after every missed call just to see if a message was left. Any other ideas??

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I figured it out. After upgrading to either the 3.1 or AT&T's MMS upgrade, it caused a conflict with the tethering settings that I had downloaded from the help.Benm.at back in July. After removing that profile and reseting my network settings, my voicemail began working immediately. I did lose my tethering ability however but since I rarely used it all is well for now, or at least until I figure out how to make tethering work again.

txredman

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I figured it out. After upgrading to either the 3.1 or AT&T's MMS upgrade, it caused a conflict with the tethering settings that I had downloaded from the help.Benm.at back in July. After removing that profile and reseting my network settings, my voicemail began working immediately. I did lose my tethering ability however but since I rarely used it all is well for now, or at least until I figure out how to make tethering work again.

Exact same thing with me - as soon as I removed that profile, my voice mail chimed in.

wine_guy

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks. I'm having the same issue, but I have a 3gs. I had previously installed the hacked ipcc from benm.

After the official carrier update enabling mms, everything was fine. Until I recently upgraded to 3.1, breaking vvm again. I am sure I have installed the new carrier update file, but still no vvm.

wine_guy

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
On my 3gs, there are no "profiles" in settings.

EDIT: Fixed it. Since there were no "profiles" installed under settings, i simply went back and installed a new profile from benm. Then, I went in and deleted all profiles that showed up, and vvm is back in action.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods