My 3GS has the jiggles...

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, the icons jiggle, that is. :D I've noticed that my icons jiggle inadvertently, when I don't want them to. I know that this happens when you press on an icon to rearrange the icon positions, but this happens all too often by mistake. I noticed that it only takes pressing an icon for about one second for it to start jiggling. Is there a setting where I can delay this feature a few seconds out?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That is completely normal and there is no way to delay that reaction. With the capacitive screen a quick tap is all you need to open an application. There is no need to press down on an icon for a second or longer. Unless you want to re-arrange your icons.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
That is completely normal and there is no way to delay that reaction. With the capacitive screen a quick tap is all you need to open an application. There is no need to press down on an icon for a second or longer. Unless you want to re-arrange your icons.

Ok, thanks. Thing is, sometimes an icon is pressed just by the way I hold the phone in my hand (ie. my thumb ends up pressing an icon, as I'm holding the phone). Oh well, guess I'll try to be more careful.

Sorry...will remember to post these type of questions in the help forum next time.

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
You are obviously being too heavy-handed! You should not "press" the screen (unless of course you are rearranging the ikons) - the lightest of touches is all that is required.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You are obviously being too heavy-handed! You should not "press" the screen (unless of course you are rearranging the ikons) - the lightest of touches is all that is required.

You may be misunderstanding me. I don't normally hold the phone in my hand with my thumb pressing on an icon. I'm talking about if I'm walking somewhere while holding the phone at my side...sometimes when I do that, my thumb accidentally touches an icon on the screen, and then activates the jiggle. Oh well.