Activating MMS without firmware 3.1
For those that have not updated to firmware 3.1 due to jail break reasons, you can use the following to install the new AT&T carrier settings to enable MMS:
(tested in Windows Vista with iTunes 8.2 and firmware 3.0 on iPhone 3G
- download and save this file: Code:
appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/CarrierBundles/061-7282.20090925.3Sph5/ATT_US.ipcc OR dl.getdropbox.com/u/29849/ATT_US.ipcc
- make sure iTunes is currently NOT running.
- open a command window (start->run->cmd.exe)
- execute the following Code:
"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
- close the command window
- start iTunes
- shift click the "update" or "check for update" button and browse to the ATT_US.ipcc file downloaded above.
- disconnect and reboot your iphone
Last edited by BrandonGoodman; 09-25-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: alternate download link added
- download and save this file:
- 09-25-2009, 01:44 PM #2
I don't blame you. I'd be a little hesitant too...
I listen to the TiPB podcast religiously. Just never took the time to register for a forum account. I came here to find out how to get my MMS going without installing the 3.1 update and was surprised to not find a walk through on the main site so I figured I'd do a quick write of what worked for me.
- 09-25-2009, 02:25 PM #4
- 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM #5iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I just followed the instructions and it seemed to work. I have the ability to take a snapshot in my sms box. The picture takes but when sending the progress bar gets all the way to just about finished and hangs there a while before the ! alert shows up telling me that the message failed to go.
Going to try rebooting again.