Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

Default Unable To Sync

I am unable to sync my iphone to imac. I have reloaded itunes 9, and re-booted the imac and iphone. Nothing seems to work. Had this problem about a month ago, and finally got it resolved via reloading previous version of itunes. The USB cable was also checked at that time, and is fine.
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

What kind of error do you get? I had this problem recently pop up on my Vista machine, I had to go through and make sure that all directories it pointed to were valid. For some reason it wouldn't sync b/c it was looking to sync pictures to a My Pictures folder, when Vista 1) doesn't have that and 2) I didn't have it set to sync pictures. Took me about 30 minutes to figure that out. I had to set it to sync pictures, did a sync, then unchecked the sync of pictures followed by another sync and it was all better.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Yeah give us some more details, do you get an error message? does anything at all show up in Itunes for the phone? is there no activity when you plug it in to the USB connector? Have you tried using a different USB port?

Just recently I had the problem when my USB cable was connected to a USB hub, sometimes the phone would be fine sync, charge, everything and then other times it would try to connect to Itunes and say it was unable and gave me an error code. Then other times it would connect and after 2 or 3 minutes disconnect and repeat that process. I finally plugged it directly to my laptop instead of the hub and found that the hub probably just couldn't provide the phone with the juice it needed.