Change Exchange email font on sent emails?

kpdillon

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I know this is not even remotely possible without jailbreaking. But through jailbreaking does anyone know of a way to set the font, font size and color of emails you send from your iphone via exchange to something other than what the iPhone does? I once saw someone figure out how to make an HTML based signature via jailbreaking and changing some stuff. Wondering if anyone has done this for the email body itself.

NY2Miami

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey, kpdillon, I finally got my HTML signature working (yes, my phone is jailbroken), per DFBill's article and the plist Editor for Windows; however, I'm now trying to do the same thing: change the default font, size and color.

Did you ever get a solution for this?

EdMcMuffin

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, there is a way without jailbreaking to change outgoing email fonts on iPhone...
Just go to iosfonts.com in safari, find a font you like, copy it, then paste it in a new email, backspace and start typing. The email will then be in the new font. You have to do this every time you make a new email, but you also won't risk bricking your phone. It also works with colors, if you can find a webpage with colored text, copy it and follow the steps above. It's a pain but works. Hope this was useful!

Reactions: artdeco

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, there is a way without jailbreaking to change outgoing email fonts on iPhone...
Just go to iosfonts.com in safari, find a font you like, copy it, then paste it in a new email, backspace and start typing. The email will then be in the new font. You have to do this every time you make a new email, but you also won't risk bricking your phone. It also works with colors, if you can find a webpage with colored text, copy it and follow the steps above. It's a pain but works. Hope this was useful!

Just have to say...wow...this is rather amazing!

Reactions: EdMcMuffin

EdMcMuffin

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I was a bit bored yesterday, and while copying something to send someone, I noticed that the font from safari was in my email... So I went on experimenting and figured this out! I had to find a place to share the discovery which led me here!

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I found this app called "write with me" where you can change fonts, colors, and backgrounds in email. Also, you can copy then paste a style into your email program.

aksai

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Easy way to set default font for email

I followed up on the idea of copying a font from safari.

Send yourself an email with the text you want in your signature in your preferred font. Open that email on your iPhone and copy the new signature. In Settings, clear your old email signature and paste the new version which has the right font.

A new email (or a reply) should now default to that font.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2