update to 3.1

w@rbabe

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi i new here but i have a question: i updated my iphone to 3.1 and now any of my apps works, can anybody help me out figuring this out? Thanks.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
You need to give more info if you want help. Haven't heard of any widespread issues with apps not working after the update.

Some things you can try is deleting the apps that aren't working and then syncing them back onto the phone. If that doesn't work, you can try a restore of your phone from the last backup. Last thing to try if neither works is to restore it as a new phone and then sync everything back to it.

w@rbabe

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Well i try the first 2 options already, didnt work either so ill try the last option then. When i updated my iphone to 3.1 all my apps, including facebook, bejeweled ironman lite dont open at all.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Have you done a reset of the phone, Power + Home button? I had that happen on two apps after the update. I did the hard reset and all was good.

Last edited:

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well i try the first 2 options already, didnt work either so ill try the last option then. When i updated my iphone to 3.1 all my apps, including facebook, bejeweled ironman lite dont open at all.

You have to delete one of the apps that is messing up from your iPhone (preferably a free one that doesn't have any information stored that you don't want to lose). Then go back to the App Store on your iPhone, and redownload the application you just deleted. Once it starts downloading click on the app icon to pause the download process, then turn off your phone only using the slider (not a hard reset). Turn your iPhone back on and finish the download.

Last edited:

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
dear mister iphone nanite, i have heard of one issue where a user updated to 3.1 on a computer that was running itunes 9 and it wasn't the primary comptuer. upon doing the upgrade to 3.1 the itunes "re-synced" the information and apps from the "non 5 authorized computers" and the user had to un authorize all machines, and then retype his info into itunes. upon doing a final sync, the information and the iphone were finally on the same page.

moral of the story, don't update your phone on a computer that isn't yours.

hopefully this helped, if not, try calling apple. i hear that they have pretty good iphone r-tard department :D

w@rbabe

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Well i use my own computer as always and this is not the first time i have updated my phone so i dont know what the problem is. I removed, deleted did everything and still is not working so i might get another iphone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll