Question about tethering

bre bre

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
i may be wrong but i think you had to have the tethering hack already installed before u updated...but i may be wrong i just know thats what ppl said wen the update 1st came out could have changed

Skibum173

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
3.1 disables tethering if you are on at&t. Ihad it in 3.0 and 3.01 and it was awesome with the hack. but as soon as i put 3.1 on my phone i lost it. I have retried doing it but it won't allow it.

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
If you're on AT&T, you could only get tethering with a jailbreak app. The jailbreak just came out for Mac users, but not Windows. If you have a Mac jailbreak your phone. If you have a PC, wait until the dev-team releases the Windows jailbreak...and then jailbreak your phone.

If you don't want to jailbreak, then wait and wait and wait until AT&T finally decides to grace us with the things that people in other countries have had for months already.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think A T & T along with their Lawyers are trying to figure out how to "JUSTIFY" double charging their customers for a service they are already offering to IPhone customers. I can teather with a fee on other A T & T phones. I "pay" for data transfer using my "IPhone" yet I can't teather my IPhone ? Think about it...IGoSlo

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think A T & T along with their Lawyers are trying to figure out how to "JUSTIFY" double charging their customers for a service they are already offering to IPhone customers. I can teather with a fee on other A T & T phones. I "pay" for data transfer using my "IPhone" yet I can't teather my IPhone ? Think about it...IGoSlo

That is not correct. I had the 8925 Tilt and paid an extra $30 charge per month for the tethering add on, as well as $30 for internet. I also had a Blackberry Bold that I had to pay the $30/$30 for the Blackberry plan plus tethering add on.

I believe all smart phones require the tethering add on if the phone is going to be used as a modem. It comes out to the same cost of their wireless internet cards at $60 per month.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're on AT&T, you could only get tethering with a jailbreak app. The jailbreak just came out for Mac users, but not Windows. If you have a Mac jailbreak your phone. If you have a PC, wait until the dev-team releases the Windows jailbreak...and then jailbreak your phone.

If you don't want to jailbreak, then wait and wait and wait until AT&T finally decides to grace us with the things that people in other countries have had for months already.

I've been wondering what the big deal about tethering because here in Canada we've had it since 3.0 along with MMS. I figured it was the same on the other side of the border. I wonder why AT&T can't get it going if it's running over here. So you guys pay extra for tethering? because here if you have a data plan you just tether and it comes out of your data plan unless you go over I suppose.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I've been wondering what the big deal about tethering because here in Canada we've had it since 3.0 along with MMS. I figured it was the same on the other side of the border. I wonder why AT&T can't get it going if it's running over here. So you guys pay extra for tethering? because here if you have a data plan you just tether and it comes out of your data plan unless you go over I suppose.

I guess Rogers would love you to tether, because the more you use, the more you pay. If your data package is not big enough for the data you use, you have to upgrade or pay overages. Here the data package is unlimited, so the increase in demand on the system that tethering would lead to would not increase revenue. I doubt we'll see it unless it's an add-on.