Major freaking problem. Reset phone and it's stuck.

mjs1982

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I bought an iphone 3gs 32gb from a guy today. It was jailbroken and I didn't want it to be jailbroken. So, I went to the settings in the phone and selected "reset" then selected "erase content and settings" to do a complete restore on the phone. It's been resetting for 4 hours! The screen will show the apple logo and a spinning gear, then go back to a black screen, then go back to the logo and this goes on forever. Can anyone tell me what to do here?

mjs1982

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Fixed it.

Here's what I did:

Put it in restore mode...

-Plug one end of the cord into your phone and the other in your computer
-Remove the cord in your computer, leaving the cord in the phone still plugged in
-Hold both the home button and on/off button on the phone
-Once the screen turns off, let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button
-Plug in the other end of the cord in your computer while still holding the home button on the phone
-Once the apple logo appears, continue holding until you see the plug into itunes screen on your phone
-Click restore.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Glad you got it fixed. I bought an iPhone on craigslist once. When I went to meet to guy to complete the deal, I asked him to do a reset, and it did the same thing, i.e. take forever to reset.

Well, you guessed it, I never bought the device:)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods