Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

362 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts

Default Does leaving wifi on increase usage since last charge?

Everyone knows that battery life on the iphone is not the best. For the most part, I can get a full work day (8 hours) without needing to recharge, that is until today. As always, I fully charged my iphone 3Gs overnight. I used about 5% batt this morning before I left for work. After that I've only used the phone for a couple of texts and THAT'S IT. At noon (about 5 hours after I took it off the charger), my phone is at 14% batt life and when I look at usage it says I've used it for over 4 hours. The only thing I can think is that by not shutting of wifi before I left my house it may have caused this batt drain but that does seem a little excessive of battery use just for that.

Any input would be appreciated.

iPhone Intermediate

441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

I dont know about that , I usually leave my wifi on all day @ work and I dont see a differance when it is off . Maybe you had a web page that was still running or what about push for you apps . When I changed that I saw a huge increase .