New MMS

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
i had the hack on the carrier settings back when 3.0 came out that enabled tethering. I had that on my iphone till i updated to 3.1 and after i still had the tethering option but apparently my vvm was not working but i did have mms in the cellular data section of the settings screen but it was not active in messages. i update the carrier file to 5.1 and it added mms to the messages but im still unable to send them successfully but for some reason my vvm works again even though there is no mention of it in the cellular data section of settings. Im a little confused, so is anyone having any problems like this?

thatirishguy

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
When I updated to 3.1 I still had the tethering option but my vvm was not working either....I deleted the carrier file and the vvm started working fine. I haven't reinstalled the carrier file for tethering yet, but the option to turn it on or off is still in my network options.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Both of you need to go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and under Visual Voicemail within APN it should say acds.voicemail

All the rest of the fields should be blank. That will fix it guaranteed! But none of this will work without the hacked carrier file because Cellular Data Network won't even show without it. ;)

Last edited:

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Both of you need to go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and under Visual Voicemail within APN it should say acds.voicemail

All the rest of the fields should be blank. That will fix it guaranteed! But none of this will work without the hacked carrier file because Cellular Data Network won't even show without it. ;)

i know this, but what im saying is, when i got to cellular data network there is no vvm information, not even a mention of it, its completely missing. how do i go about deleting the carrier file?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2