OS 3.1 randomly crashes iPhone

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues where they will pick up their iPhone and it simply does not respond at all? It runs fine but several times a day I will pick it up and no button presses will wake it up or get it to respond. I have to restart it each time which gets annoying. Can't seem to isolate it, I did a restore as new and didn't install any apps and it still did it. This started pretty much the day of 3.1 release.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3G.

There is a 5 page thread in Apple's support forum about this issue.

Last edited:

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
I think i may have figured it out on mine at least... I have had zero crashes since yesterday... I noticed that the password lock intervals were lowered again, this time with 15 being the highest... I had mine set to 1 hour on 3.0.1, but when i went into the settings 15 min was the highest and none were selected... This makes me think that since my backed up settings were telling it to PW lock after an hour and that isnt possible on 3.1, it is causing the phone to crash because the OS doesnt recognize the setting... Just a thought, and i know i havent had anymore crashes since selecting 15 min...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
There are people in that thread and another saying they have it with their 3GS as well. I don't use a passcode lock so it's not that. I went all day yesterday and it didn't happen. Happened a bunch today. Comes and goes.

slumpbuster

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Yep, I've had the same problem.....

mine has crashed 6 times since the 3.1 update. I did a restore Friday and that didnt help either.

I am not happy.

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
At least for my phone i believe the problem was solved with the Passcode lock issue i explained above... Its been 24+ hours since my last crash...

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, ever since I loaded 3.1, I've had all sorts of strange anomalies: the one you described being just one of them.

BTW, I'm on a 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW