Bizarre 3G Issue

bldblu

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

The 3G 8gigger shows ringer on the screen,,so headphone jack i dont think is the problem,,I am still unable to hear through earpiece,unless using speakerphone,,blah blah,,have done the qtip/plugging/unplugging,etc nothing works,,but here is where it gets bizarre

when i dial out the phone call,,im using the speakerphone icon at present,,due to the earpiece problem,,but what I can not figure out,,is ABOVE the dialer keypad,,im just talking with a friend,,all of a sudden a beep,,then another beep,,i remove the phone from my ear,,and the beeps corresponding number on the keypad,,or whatever sound is designated when you push a certain number on the pad,,Anyways I talked for about 45 seconds,,told buddy i would call him back later

here is what dialer looked like

3233832883,,so the beeps i heard while talking were being entered above the dialer

Has Anyone heard of this?

Please Help

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
That sounds like the proximity sensor is not doing it's job. There is a Aesir that senses when you are holding the phone to your ear and disables the screen. Your face is dialing numbers. Given your other issues and since your in Vegas I would set up an appt at the genius bar in town square.

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
It could be possible that your phone isn't turning the screen off when you put it up to your ear so your face is punching the number, also it could just be that your phone its getting screwy and it may be time for a restore. Trust me I do it more times than I would like.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox