Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling in 3.1

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Any idea what has improved in 3.1?

In 3.0, I could set the timeout that required the password to unlock the device to 1 hr. With 3.1, the longest I can go is 15 min.

It may be a policy implemented on the Exchange server end, but it sure was nice not to have to enter the password as often..

jglev

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Any idea what has improved in 3.1?

In 3.0, I could set the timeout that required the password to unlock the device to 1 hr. With 3.1, the longest I can go is 15 min.

It may be a policy implemented on the Exchange server end, but it sure was nice not to have to enter the password as often..

Same here. The story goes that Exchange policies weren't implemented correctly with 3.0. My company's policy was for 30 minutes, but there is no 30 minute interval on the iPhone, so it would ignore it and let you set it for 1 hour (which was the maximum). With 3.1, the policy is implemented, BUT there is still no 30 minute choice, so it defaults down to 15 minutes. Why Apple just can't fix this in the OS and give us a 30 minute choice is beyond me (it doesn't seem logical to have no choice between 15 minutes and 1 hour). An hour was very nice, but 30 minutes is tolerable. Every 15 minutes is driving me crazy and really impacts negatively on the whole iPhone experience.

Madness#IM

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
Apple Betrays the IPhone's Business Hopes

Fixing a major but unacknowledged bug in the operating system, last week's iPhone OS 3.1 update has rendered most iPhones and all iPod Touches incompatible with Exchange 2007 servers that require on-device data be encrypted, a standard safeguard used by businesses.

pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/172005/apple_betrays_the_iphones_business_hopes.html

Anybody else hear about this or this just another flame article?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2