Keyboard clicks quieter after 3.1?

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
My friend and I noticed that after the update, keyboard clicks are now quieter. I thought it was just my phone at first, but his is doing the same thing. Coincidence or is this a change?

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yup this is a change , me and a buddy noticed the same thing. Good news is quieter typing with loud alerts ! its a deffinit win win :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
First thing I noticed right away with 3.1, I think the sound when you lock and unlock the phone is also a little quieter. I kind of like it.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I liked the louder clicks. Why don't they document changes like this? If it wasn't for this forum, I would have thought I was crazy :)

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I definitley like it. I turned off the clicks for a while due to the loudness. But I love the clicks. I just saw this thread and turned the clicks back on. I agree, things like this should be put on the update list. I also noticed that the recents call list have smaller font, and also my phone doesn't vibrate when I move icons around (is it just me or did they decide to remove this feature).

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I liked the fact that I heard a click when typing I like to hear some feed back when Iam typing. This should B a option that u the person decided u want to have loud or quite not something u can't control. I want my click noise back....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm dying to get 3.1 to see how much quieter it is. I would love this cause I'm constantly typing emails, tweets while I'm working and when everyone around is listening the clicks sound so loud to me. I can't mute it though because then I feel weird when I'm typing without the feedback so this is a win for me also +1

Bgoz412

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
BRING BACK THE LOUD CLICKS!! BRING BACK THE LOUD CLICKS!!! i hate that they just decide it for u they made the effort to change the volume why didnt they put that energy to ****in just make it a option to decide for ur self

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I liked the fact that I heard a click when typing I like to hear some feed back when Iam typing. This should B a option that u the person decided u want to have loud or quite not something u can't control. I want my click noise back....

I bet you'll see a jailbreak adjustment for this. Maybe a .plist or better yet, an actual settings adjustment addition.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
BRING BACK THE LOUD CLICKS!! BRING BACK THE LOUD CLICKS!!! i hate that they just decide it for u they made the effort to change the volume why didnt they put that energy to ****in just make it a option to decide for ur self

Like I said, no one is ever happy. If apple made an all in one wonder phone, people would still find something to complain about. The key clicks aren't THAT quiet, you can still hear them, why do you need everyone within 30 feet to hear your key clicks? It's annoying.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree that no matter what people will complain it's society's way now. I also understand the point people are complaining about. It's not the fact that the loud clicks aren't there it's the fact that Apple decided they know what's best for you. So they are simply asking for the choice which I agree with, they could add key click in the sound setting with a volume bar just like the ringer.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I agree that no matter what people will complain it's society's way now. I also understand the point people are complaining about. It's not the fact that the loud clicks aren't there it's the fact that Apple decided they know what's best for you. So they are simply asking for the choice which I agree with, they could add key click in the sound setting with a volume bar just like the ringer.

This is true, but at the same if Apple gave "choice" for every little feature people didn't agree on, there would be a clusterf*ck of a mess in the settings, not to mention the tons of lines of code they'd have to write.

Sometimes, to save resources and time, you have to go with the majority. Not everyone will be 100% happy, but you have to go for the best fit for most people.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
You can count me as indifferent on this one. I turned the clicks off within 24 hours of my 3G last year, and it was one of the first things I did with my 3GS. I cannot stand the clicks, and live my life very happily without them.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
@imuggie
yah ur right iam not happy they should have left it the way it was for the people that didn't like the tick all they had to do was turn it off. Now mine is on and I have 2 put my ear on it to hear it. So yah iam not happy I should have the choice of what I do with sound on my phone which I paid $300 for

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234