Camera icon in messaging?

jedisean1

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ok so i dl the new 3.1 and no mms functionality. i know its not available until the 25th but shouldnt the functionality of it be there? if not how do i get it thanks in advance. im a noob.:D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the camera icon in messaging on 3.0? I don't use MMS so I have never tried it and never will but just wondering what the diff is?

jedisean1

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ok i did the google thing and when i do the shift restore it wont give me the option to change to carrier file. only the ipsw so go figure. also the ipcc file is a zip file and when i unzip its two different folders mac and payload. can u help me? if not i understand. ill just have to wait i guess. mms has been available in certain areas if u have the capability on your phone and i dont want to jailbreak right now either. so if u can help great if not thanks anyway.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
ok i did the google thing and when i do the shift restore it wont give me the option to change to carrier file. only the ipsw so go figure. also the ipcc file is a zip file and when i unzip its two different folders mac and payload. can u help me? if not i understand. ill just have to wait i guess. mms has been available in certain areas if u have the capability on your phone and i dont want to jailbreak right now either. so if u can help great if not thanks anyway.

Well, first off, I'm assuming you're using a PC since you said shift+click

First off, the zip you are downloading, just rename it to .ipcc - as far as I know that's what people have been doing.

Then do this...

Make sure itunes is not running

Mac - open a terminal and type in..
defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Windows - open up a command shell and type in:

"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

That command will then allow you to select the ipcc when pressing shift click

Hope this helps...

jburke82#IM

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Me being somewhat technologically challenged, is it worth going through all of this for mms, or should o just wait (and hope) for the upgrade on the 25th?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Me being somewhat technologically challenged, is it worth going through all of this for mms, or should o just wait (and hope) for the upgrade on the 25th?

I'd just wait....that's what I'm doing, and I'm not really "challenged" haha

I just know that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's a pain.

There'll be an update on the 25th. AT&T can't afford any more bad PR, lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73