*My* list of iPhone 3.1 issues. *Updated.*
So I've noticed a few things going wrong with the new 3.1 update. And since some people prefer to think as some of them as enhancements, I've renamed the title to be my list of issues. Here's a list:
1. Oddly quiet "ticks" when using the keyboard.
2. Weird results when using Spotlight search. For example, I search for "Net"; my only result should be NetNewsWire. But for some reason, it's also returning FlyCast. (See attached screenshot)
3. In iTunes, I attempted to move an app from my last page (page 9) to another page (page 5). This new page is completely full of apps. Rather than forcing every last app on each page to the next page, as it does on the iPhone, it just forced the last app on that page onto a brand new page all by itself (it's own page 6), and move all the following pages down (page 6 became page 7, 7 became 8, etc.) Completely useless for my needs.
4. Auto-brightness no longer works. It's always at the same brightness: blinding at night, and sometimes a little dim during the day.
5. I am getting the same unresponsive iPhone problem as other people. On the apple forums it's called "coma". Basically, when the phone is asleep and you hit the Home button, nothing happens. The phone doesn't vibrate when you use the Silent switch. I have to do a hard reset in order for it to come back.
That's the issues I've had so far. Anyone verify my findings, or have any of their own?
Last edited by johaen8; 09-17-2009 at 07:52 AM.
- 09-09-2009, 11:00 PM #2
- 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM #3
- 09-10-2009, 12:18 AM #4
- 09-10-2009, 07:18 AM #5
Yeah the quieter ticks are better , but I think it was intentional.
The Genius mixs makes sense , you would have all the songs from the mixes on the Iphone for the Genius mix to work and if you dont sync some of the songs it wont . And you now how apple like to control things .
What I noticed was a mix up in my mobile me calenders , after a quick on/off it reset itself but it was annoying .
- 09-10-2009, 08:18 AM #6
Yeah some of the OP things seem to be enhancements not issues, taking issues to mean things working how they weren't meant to. I would also love the quieter ticks, when typing at work it feels like the noise is amplified just because I know others are around and can hear it. I also hate being on the receiving end when I'm talking to my GF and she's typing a text that $#!t is so annoying. I remember noticing the genius mix thing ever since it was first introduced that turning it on made you unable to manually control which music was synced. I think like the previous poster said it wouldn't make sense because the genius mix might want to use music that you haven't synced??
- 09-10-2009, 08:21 AM #7
- 09-10-2009, 11:35 AM #8
- 09-10-2009, 12:09 PM #9
- 09-10-2009, 09:52 PM #10
- 09-10-2009, 11:29 PM #11
- 09-11-2009, 06:01 AM #12
- 09-11-2009, 06:43 AM #14
- 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM #15
- 09-11-2009, 07:55 AM #17
- 09-11-2009, 09:03 AM #18iPhone Newbie
- 44 Posts
Not sure if it was like this in OS 3.0, but I have two different artists that both have albums with the same name "Want". When I sync to my iPhone it moves all the songs from Artist A to Artist B's name and Artist B's Album Artwork. It also places Artist B's songs under Artist A's name and Artwork while also placing Artist B's songs under Artist B's name and Artwork (so Artist B's songs show up under both artists' names and artwork).
So simply, the coverflow of A is B's songs, and the coverflow of B is both A's and B's songs.
Any idea how to fix this? I put a space after B's "Want" title and everything worked out, but there has to be a better way.
- 09-11-2009, 09:14 AM #19
- 09-11-2009, 11:00 AM #20iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
- 09-11-2009, 01:31 PM #21
- 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM #22
- 09-11-2009, 02:21 PM #23
- 09-11-2009, 07:09 PM #24
Well I did it & so far I've not found any changes. Of course it's only been a few hours & my niece has been on a game every since the change. It did still get quite warm but it did that before. As for battery life that will be determined.
- 09-11-2009, 08:32 PM #25