Gameloft - the stock of a lifetime?

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
So there are 50 million ipod touch/iphones out there and Gameloft has sold 20 million games. That means every 2.5 iphones sold equals a sale for Gameloft. Meaning, if Apple sells another 200 million iphones/touches over the next 5-7 years, and Gameloft just sits on it's laurels, it will sell 80 million more copies of one of it's games. Combine that with it's $0 debt and its $12 million euros in cash. Plus it has tons of major licenses deals, and they're constantly putting out top quality (or at least top demand) titles. It seems to me this thing could fly. It's currently trading at $4.45 (PINK:GLOFF). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
Why has it not gone past $4.45 already? You'd think with all their success it would've surpassed that number...

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
My best guess is because last year they posted a loss. It was only a slight loss, but big time investors don't have enough intimate knowledge of Gameloft's market to know things will be different this year.

Consider this: when Gameloft reported earnings last October, there were only about 6000 apps on the app store. I don't think Gameloft had a single one out at that point. That means we are 20 million purchases later right now.

But the big investors don't get that because they don't follow the Top 25 lists on the app store. How could they know Gameloft is any different than Midway games?

My bet is that as we get closer to their October earnings date, this stock will fly up. I'm gonna try to buy a couple thousand dollars worth later this week. I wouldn't be suprised to see the stock jump 400%.

iPhoneOptimized

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
That's certainly an interesting one and if your research is correct then perhaps there is some money to be made. What would deter me from investing is the competition in this market - while the iPhone surpasses all smartphones for some statistics, they won't let it get to far. What are Gamelofts plans when all the new app interfaces come out on other smartphones - will they expand, or are they currently?

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
That's certainly an interesting one and if your research is correct then perhaps there is some money to be made. What would deter me from investing is the competition in this market - while the iPhone surpasses all smartphones for some statistics, they won't let it get to far. What are Gamelofts plans when all the new app interfaces come out on other smartphones - will they expand, or are they currently?

Well, you know, if they expand, the stock will jump even more. My buddy is a pretty savvy investor and he keeps me up to speed with what I need to invest in. I'm gonna run this past him!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR