HELP: Recovery mode problem

turbohat

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Please help. I tried to update to 3.1 but for some reason the update failed.
My iPhone is now in recovery mode and stuck on the USB to iTunes screen no matter what buttons I press.

iTunes has detected that it's in recovery mode but is constantly just "veryifying" the restore. Nothing else is happening. Please help!!!!

Thanks

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It's stuck in recovery mode and won't even restore. I've rebooted and everything. I have gotten several errors so far, but still won't restore. Mine is bricked.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, my iPhone is borked. I have gotten three separate error messages, and all of them point towards a hardware failure. So I now have an appointment at the Fair Oaks store in Fairfax, Virginia on Friday.

dannyleeuk

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I had that problem with the last update. The only way to resolve it was to install the update from another PC as a new phone and then restore from a backup from my original PC. Perhaps you could try that?

dannyleeuk

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I read that sometimes its an issue with the recovery drivers for the iPhone. Out of curiosity, are the PC's your using the same make, I.e. Dell/HP?!

You could always try uninstalling iTunes (off the pc WITHOUT your backup on), run CCleaner on it, clear out all the registry keys (may have to run it a few times to get them all) and any temporary files. Failing that, create a new account on the PC and try it from that account, could be something wrong with your profile maybe?

These however are only ideas, they may or may not work!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I tried that too, including setting up another user account on both machines, and still no frakkin luck.

That's everything I can think of. I'll be shocked as hell if Apple can fix it. Doesn't matter to me, if they can't they'll just replace it. It's under warranty. :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh, my laptop that I synch with is a Macbook Air. I tried on my Dell laptop, as well. No luck with anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2