Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Unhappy Iphone 3.0 lost music, video and space.

Hi guys, I hope someone might know the answer for this issue. My iphone from time to time will lost all the music and video files and my others files size will increased at the same time. My other file sizes are around 4.3 GB now and my Iphone is running low on space or memory (around 400MB). I wonder if someone might know a solution and how to fix it. Do I need to restore it from 3.0 firmware again to fix it? Like boot into recovery mode and restore it in Itune? Do I want to setup as a new phone or restore it from my previous backup? By the way, I have it jailbreak and unlock. It loaded with Cydia. the phone only have 7.08 usable memory. Is it normal? I am not sure what is the better way to fix it or recover music file in the "other" petition. However, it happens a lot, so I think is there any software or patch to fix this issue?

Thank you so much
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Iphone 3.0 lost music, video and space

No solution, sorry just adding a similar report.

I downloaded the latest episode of my favorite podcast via iTunes on the phone then saw the message "Updating Library" when I started the iPod function. After that I always saw the message "No Music". The "About" dialog shows that I have 0 Songs and Videos but also shows that I only have 228MB available so the music files are still on there.

Iphone 3G using OS 3.1 (7C144) and have not installed Cydia.

Only way to get the music back was to connect to PC and restore from backup.
    iMore Guru

1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

Jailbreak rocks!