How to get my iphone replaced?

Noonan

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys.
I have a 3GS, I got it the week it came out. I also bought AppleCare for the iPhone when I bought the phone.

I have a pixel out. Its white. I brought it to the Apple Store. The kid looked at it with a jewelry like magnifying glass. He said it looked like it's only 1/3 of the pixel is out, and he's not even sure if its a pixel out or dust in the display. He made a note of it on my account, and in the note he said if the condition got worse, the display would be replaced. But he couldn't just replace the display for 1/3 of a pixel being out.

Now, this iphone is in good condition, but the silver apple logo and text on the back are a little scratched up and there is a small scratch in the screen.
Is there anything I can do to get this replaced? A brand new 3GS would be awesome, just trying to figure out how to "work the system" ;)

iverhoob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I also had a similar problem with my launch 3Gs. I took it back in to apple a week later and they replaced the screen there and then. I think I was waiting for around an hour if that.

Good luck getting the whole phone replaced though. It seems they dont like swapping out the whole unit! :(

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I had a single speck of dust (which appeared smaller than a single pixel) under the glass of my launch 3GS. Apple replaced it no questions asked...