How can I view the non mobile version of a web site?

detroitbass

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
When I go to certain sites on the Safari browser it automatically loads the mobile version of the page. Is there any way to change this so that it will load the actual full website?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
That is coming from the website itself. Most wepages have an option to view non mobile version. There are some that do not and with those you are outta luck.

This site has a normal version button on the bottom. But when I click it once it does not work. But if I go ahead and click it a second time it takes me to the full version. Don't know why that is???

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
As chobbs1 mentioned, some websites may have an option to switch to a full version, but they can be hard to find. They are more than likely at the bottom of the page. I have seen some at the top as soon as the page loads.

This is because when you browse to a web page, it reads the identifier (user agent) of the web browser and loads the page according to the information it receives. The iPhone must send a identifier telling websites that it is using mobile safari.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices