Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

19 Posts

Default IPOD Feature

I use my iphone at the gym to play music while pumping iron. I HATE having to keep using the slider to unlock the screen before I can advance a song. Not to mention that the armband case has a cover which also makes this tough.

Is there a way (or a 3rd party app) were I can disable the slider? Basically making the iphone an ipod.

App and photo editor

1,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts

You don't have to. Just double tap the home button to bring up your iPod controls. No unlocking necessary. Or if you use the Apple headphones (stock, or in-ear) or any other supporting headphones, double click the mic to skip a song, triple click to go back to previous song.
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

The headphones are your best
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

yeah.. I was reading this like.. DUH.. headphones.. that's why they put controls on the headphones in the first place.. >_>
    iPhone Beginner

59 Posts

The best way (as llofte said) is to just double click the home button and the iPod controls will pop up under the time on the lock screen.