• Glass up!

Votes: 82 75.2%
  • Glass down!

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
ok, so i've been looking at a lot of reviews on youtube and what not on different types of cases for the iphone. and i'm seeing a trend in which i guess i never really thought of. it seems a lot of people, when placing their iphone on a table or hard surface, place it glass down. now, i've never done this as i dont want to break or scratch the glass, but does anyone else do this? my thinking was that i would rather damage the phone case than the actual glass. what does everyone else think?

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
If it's a flat clean surface i will place it glass down, but only because my case is designed in such a way that it makes a 1-2mm "lip" around the whole thing so the glass is relatively far from the surface. If the surface wasn't clean or flat i probably wouldn't put my phone on it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's funny you raise the issue, cause this is something I think about a lot. All the smartphones I've ever owned, I made sure to place glass down. I didn't want something to spill or fall on the face of the device, and there was always a fairly large bezel, so it wasn't much of an issue.

When I go to bed at night I find I've been going back and forth between up and down with my iPhone. I don't want one of my cats to do that kneading thing on the glass in the middle of the night, but I want to be able to see it when it goes off. (Conflicted!)

Beyond that, I try hard to not put it down at all. ;)

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm with Alli.. I NEVER put it DOWN it's always in my hand GLASS UP. IPHONE JUNKIE...My wife's JEALOUS

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
every case I buy, the first most important thing I look for is a case which has a lip, so the glass never really touches any surface... So I usually go glass down

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have a case with a flap that covers the glass and a belt clip on the back so I must put it glass down. But the whole phone is always covered unless I am activly using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711