Doesnt work after replacing screen

Bratty

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I looked around to see if there was an answer to my problem first, but didnt see anything quite the same. My husband dropped his phone, it shattered the screen. Of course apple doesnt cover that and it's $200 to replace the screen. So he studied quite a few of the videos online and decided to change it himself. That part went easy enough, but... it doesnt work. :( He has tried redoing it to make sure he didnt do anything wrong.

When he plugs it in, it shows a USB going up to iTunes picture. So we know something is working in the phone still, and figured it is just the OS in the phone. He has tried several times to "Restore" it through itunes, but it will not work and will not even show up in itunes anymore. It just says it can not be restored and give an error 28.

He has tried for several weeks now and is getting so frustrated saying he now has a $500 paperweight. I sure would like to find out if there is a way to help him.

It is just really frustrating. Apple brags about how "indestructable" these phones are...the saleperson said he wanted to try that out for himself and threw his across the parking lot. (Ya right) and they all say they runs there keys on the screen...ya ya ya. Every single person I know that has bought one, which is quite a few now have cracked screens, and of course Apple wont stand behind them.

Can anybody help or give suggestions. (Besides use it as a paperweight. LoL)

Achlles

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Don' even bother clicking that stupid Yahoo Answers link, it is as useless as every other post on that pathetic site.

I'd like to ask if anyone has any good suggestions on if this is a fixable problem as well, as I have the same issue - a black screen, with no life, even looking in bright light, so not the backlight. The digitizer works because I can unlock the phone from memory and I can sync the contents.

Please don't answer if you have never actually done this and are guessing. Also please refrain from saying 'Take it to the Apple Store' or 'Replace the screen'. I know people who do this are keen to help. Its just a shame you can't :)

Always in humour,

Pete
x

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is just really frustrating. Apple brags about how "indestructable" these phones are...the saleperson said he wanted to try that out for himself and threw his across the parking lot.

Can you show me where "Apple" said the iPhone was "indestructable" (sic)? It’s made of GLASS... just because a "salesman" said it doesn’t mean that "Apple brags" about it...

Wanna buy a bridge?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your troubles but changing the iPhone screen requires special tools as well as the instructions to complete the job right I've seen places that will fix it for as little as 50 dollars in my area

Trying to do it yourself without the proper tools will run you into problems

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW