Possible to remove 'Photo Library' album from album list in Photos?

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Hey everybody, I need some help with removing the 'Photo Library' album from my list of albums. I've got all my pictures divided up by subject on my PC so they show up in subjects on my phone also as i have 230 odd pictures total. I want to remove the HUGE album (Photo Library) containing all my unseparated photos from that list that automatically shows up even if you select certain folders to sync over. I can post a screenshot if needed.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I never particularly cared for that folder on the phone either but like llofte said, nothing you can do about it.

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Thanks for the heads up! I most likely would have scoured the web half the night searching over and over for somewhat of a solution. Guess I'm just gonna have to live with it. Or, would you know of any ways to remove this via jailbreak?

eldiablojoe

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey everybody, I need some help with removing the 'Photo Library' album from my list of albums. I've got all my pictures divided up by subject on my PC so they show up in subjects on my phone also as i have 230 odd pictures total. I want to remove the HUGE album (Photo Library) containing all my unseparated photos from that list that automatically shows up even if you select certain folders to sync over. I can post a screenshot if needed.
Okay, how did you get your other albums onto your iPhone? I created a file on my laptop under My Pictures called "EJDJ's iPhone photos." When I sync'ed, Photo Library and Camera Roll were all I had on the iPhone, and the photos from my laptop's EDJ's iPhone Photos were in the Photo Library, but the name of the folder, EDJ's iPhone Photos did not carry over. Suggestions welcome please.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you syncing your entiere My Pictures folder? If so, the subfolders won't sync as folders. You have to control the folders you sync.

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Okay, how did you get your other albums onto your iPhone? I created a file on my laptop under My Pictures called "EJDJ's iPhone photos." When I sync'ed, Photo Library and Camera Roll were all I had on the iPhone, and the photos from my laptop's EDJ's iPhone Photos were in the Photo Library, but the name of the folder, EDJ's iPhone Photos did not carry over. Suggestions welcome please.
I'm not sure if this will help but it's all i got.

griff9869

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This reply is over a year late but just incase you are still trying to figure it out. Cut and paste your pictures from your "My Pictures" folder on your computer into another folder (this will leave the my pictures folder empty). Connect your IPhone then go the photos tab on ITunes and re sync the same way you did before to get your pictures on your IPhone. Because there are no pictures in your folder on your computer, Itunes will resync an empty folder to your IPhone thereby taking that picture library off your IPhone. Job done:)

NatLaurent

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
erasing iphone photo library

Plug in iphone into Mac.
turn on icloud - sign in on Mac and iphone
then in Itunes go to photos and unclick the sync photos button.
then sync iphone to Itunes a window comes up and asks if you want to erase all the photos from the iphone, answer yes.
and you are done.
the entire photo library folder got erased yes!
Voila!
Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW