Blueant ST3 bluetooth connection issues

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I used the BlueantST3 bluetooth handsfree with my BB Storm--no problems

Now with the Iphone 3Gs I can get it to pair and it recognizes 120 contacts in the address book (STorm got all 330); and says connected to phone.

When I push the call button instead of the prompt "say a command" I get a beep and then nothing. If I PLACE the call from the phone, the conversation comes thru on the Bluetooth device.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Mike

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm sure you've tried repairing the device to the phone correct?

I'm willing to bet it has something to do with iPhones bluetooth and the lack of some BT features... It's no different with stereo BT headsets. For whatever reason the iPhone does not perform certain functions with these headsets such as track navigation. According to Apple it should work so hopefully in the 3.1 update they fix whatever issues you may be having.

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
thanks. you are correct. i just got off the phone with Blueant and they said the same thing. It's the phone. So let hope ur correct re next update.

At least I can use the voice command on the phone and have it play through the bluetooth. Law here in CT to use handsfree while driving.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
thanks. you are correct. i just got off the phone with Blueant and they said the same thing. It's the phone. So let hope ur correct re next update.

At least I can use the voice command on the phone and have it play through the bluetooth. Law here in CT to use handsfree while driving.

For some reason I have a feeling Apple is going to drop the ball on this one but I hope I'm wrong.

chuck#IM

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
hi every one im new to this so i hope im in the right place :)
ive got my self a new SAMSUNG F480i TOUCH PHONE I WANT TO CONNECT IT WITH MY BLUE-ANT ST3 IN MY CAR THE BLUE-ANT ST3 CANT FIND THE SAM SUNG BUT THE SAM SUNG CAN DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS
KIND REGARDS TO ALL

Galaxy 1000

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have a product called The Galaxy1000, it is a bluetooth interface that uses the built in GM Onstar phone system with your iphone. Some of my customers have had success using a product called Vlingo along with my Galaxy 1000 to make calls and text "handsfree".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77