Touch screen issue -

deathbyart

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I just started after having issues with the screen registering touches. I have restarted a few time but no luck. Anyone have an issue like this before?

Ps - This is a new 3GS

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Sync and have iTunes backup your phone. then
do a full restore as a new phone, and see how your phone works, if it is working good then restore from your backup and see if it is still working... If it does not work from your backup, I would suggest deal with it till next week 3.1 OS should be out and that should fix it also, with a OS refresh during the update...

deathbyart

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate the help but a) I can't deal with it because you cant use the phone. b) I shouldn't have to deal with it :cool:. I am hoping a restore will help.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
As Earless said, try a restore as a NEW phone. If that works, great. Off you go. If not, make an appointment with your local Apple Store, tell them you've already restored as new and see what else they suggest. They will probably just replace it.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with a replacement 3GS that I received after swapping my original (dust under the glass) just a week after the original launch date.

I tried a restore and a full reset (without restoring from backup) and neither attempt changed matters. I dealt with it for a few days until the phone became completely unusable. Originally the screen would just be unresponsive for a second or two, but eventually the only thing that would respond was the "Slide to Unlock" screen.

I brought it to my local Apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro