Computer crashing w/ iphone

Shuckster

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I plug my iphone up the the USB on my Dell Laptop. I sync or charge my phone. When I unplug my iphone from the USB it crashes EVERY time!!

I have tried ejecting it from Itunes but it doesn't matter..

Anyone have any ideas. Weird. My Dell is brand new. Runs Vista.

Help?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hmmm I don't use my Iphone in Windows but do you have that problem with any other USB device? Try plugging a USB key into the same USB port and remove it and see what happens? Are there drivers for your Iphone? maybe try downloading it and re-installing them if there is such a thing. Does it do the same thing on another USB port?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK try this go to the Device Manager and look for the IPHone, remove it reboot and reconnect your IPhone. It should re-detect it and reload the driver for it. Then try it and see what happens. Is it only when Itunes is open that it crashes when you unplug the phone? or is it anytime?

Shuckster

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Another crash. I pulled the USB cord out of the computer this time. Another crash. I also ejected the iphone from the itunes software.

Franberry

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
After ejecting the phone from itunes, but while still connected via the usb cable, have you tried using the eject tool in the Windows system tray before you disconnect the phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro