Iphone signal radiation

kiyut

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
I've iphone 3g for couple week and everything running well (included mms and internet tethering, mine not jailbreak phone).
I just want to know how big signal radiation from iphone because when my iphone put near with home phone or radio is quiet often give distorsion to radio or home phone even i turn off 3g mode still give same distorsion.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
That's GSM noise, some it more than others around unshielded electronics. You can find the SAR rating online.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
what Doctor Suess might say here would be:

"It's not a tumor just a rumor,
just eat your green eggs and ham
and enjoy the humor,
I am, Sam I am"

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
SAR - specific absorption rate

Is measured by the FCC and cell phones are assigned a SAR value for the amount of RF radiation absorbed by the body per kg from every cell phone on the market. I forget the actual level but if a phone releases more than a certain value the phone is not allowed to be sold in the US.

I do know the iPhone has fairly high SAR value, all this is online from the FCC or many many other locations.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
iPhone radiation data

There is information on this in the "fine print" booklet that comes with the phone as required by the FCC for all devices that emit wireless signal. My understanding is that the only time it is close enough to the body to cause much of a problem is when you are actively talking. It's also my understanding that the voice antennas are in the bottom of the phone. For this reason, I put the earpiece against my ear and angle the other part of the phone away from my head about an inch. This keeps all facial oils off of the screen and also limits the exposure to radiation because even over that tiny distance of one inch the disruptive capacity of the radiation is severely reduced. It will be interesting to see problems that arise in my generation (early 20s) due to practically living my entire life exposed to many various wireless technologies.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site

YES, I am sure about that and the fact that no black helicopters are outside my window... The is low level radiation in many things around us, the human body is fine with low level, from cell phones, TV's, computer monitors, microwaves, and yes sun light... There are acceptable levels that do not affect the human body and YES I am sure the iPhone or any cellphone will not kill me... Now would I live next to a power substation, probably not, but simple electronics are fine to the human body...

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the Blackberry storm might kill me, but that is not due to the radiation, only the embarrassment of having that piece of junk...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
YES, I am sure about that and the fact that no black helicopters are outside my window... The is low level radiation in many things around us, the human body is fine with low level, from cell phones, TV's, computer monitors, microwaves, and yes sun light... There are acceptable levels that do not affect the human body and YES I am sure the iPhone or any cellphone will not kill me... Now would I live next to a power substation, probably not, but simple electronics are fine to the human body...

They used to say the same thing about cigarettes, most people haven't been using cell phones all that long, are you sure that will be the case 20-30 years from now?

I don't know what it has to do with black helicopters other than the fact that you don't seem very informed on this issue, and the guy who the cell phone industry HIRED to prove they are safe came out and said they are NOT. What are your credentials compared to his? Have you graduated high school yet?

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Have you graduated high school yet?

Yes, don't be stupid, did your mom ask you to write that...

here are some quotes

Are you qualified to make a statement like that - or is it just your unqualified opinion?

For you to say cellphones are a danger, are you qualified to make such a statement, or is this just your unqualified opinion... Studies are constantly back and forth on way too many things, and the problem is everyone who does the study has a motive, the study is funded. This funding gives them employment, so without a controversial outcome or bias to begin with the study would not exist...

But as for am I old enough yes, do I read and research before I post, YES
Try google before you just think you are right... I personally do not believe cells are bad for humans.. here is some info below form your own opinion... Think don't be a blind sheep....

According to the Food and Drug Administration, three large epidemiology studies since 2000 have shown no harmful effects. CTIA ? the Wireless Association, the leading industry trade group, said in a statement, ?The overwhelming majority of studies that have been published in scientific journals around the globe show that wireless phones do not pose a health risk.?

Cellphones emit non-ionizing radiation, waves of energy that are too weak to break chemical bonds or to set off the DNA damage known to cause cancer. There is no known biological mechanism to explain how non-ionizing radiation might lead to cancer.

IS IT POSSIBLE, MAYBE
your cars exhaust is probably more harmful, are you ready to give that up... Make your own decision troll...

And Redbeard the above is from your article... I'm not saying your article was pro cellphones but the truth it is unknown, if it scares you that much just don't own one, its your choice if your mom lets you...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner