Contacts and Calendar Lost When Account Deleted

pricemike

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I deleted my old work email (Outlook) account today and to my shock lost all calendar and contact data - even stuff that I had entered directly into the iPhone. Should I have known this would happen? Any recourse?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't use outlook exchange for work, but I use mobileme and if I delete the account it asks me what to do with contacts and calendar info, delete it or keep it on the phone. I assume this is a mobileme only thing. I think your only recourse would be to put the account back on the phone although it will do the same thing if you delete it again.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Did you have your account setup as Exchange? If yes, when you removed the account it SHOULD have asked do you want to keep/delete, etc, etc...

Rather odd. Can you not add your account back, then sync on your home pc to Outlook or something, then remove said account?

pricemike

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
More info

Yes - I spoke to Apple support and they cheerfully told me that if you are synching to Outlook Exchange and then delete that account it sucks all of your calendar and contact data off the phone - including data that was entered manually or imported from your old phone. No impending doom warning either - just doom. If my old employer can give me access to my old account temporarily or give me a file of my old calendar and contacts I might be able to recover the lost data but the process is not easy. I don't have MS Outlook on my PC - only Windows Calendar and Contacts so not sure that I can snch with it. In fact I-tunes does not recognize these options.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro