Photo help please

Toyoma

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
So, I'm a new user and havnt been Mac friendly for the last 10 years. Itunes is the first apple software I have used since gradeschool. I feel I've got a pretty good handle on the software but I just got a 16 gig 3gs and am having some issues "making it do what I want". Specifically for this thread my issue is this, I've got over 1500 pics and it's getting tiresome searching through all of them for one picture. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to create folders and sort my pics out. I realize i can add multiple folders but itunes will not carry the folders over, only the pics contained in them. The issue may be that I'm using vista (64-bit) and there is no "iPhoto" program, which my understanding is that that particular software will allow the creation and copy of multiple folders. Is there any way for me to create and copy my organized folders to my iPhone or because I don't have a mac am I screwed?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You don't need iPhoto, just iTunes to sync the folders you want onto your iPhone. I don't understand what you mean when you says "iTunes will not carry the folders over". Make sure you navigate to the folder that contains all the folders (that will become albums) in iTunes. Then you can select specifically which folders you want to sync to your iPhone.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm using 64 bit Vista and have no problems. Make sure in your iPhone Photos tab that you check the "Sync with" box and have chosen Pictures. Then check the Selected folders box, and put a check next to the folder names you want to sync. They do sync as folders.

Toyoma

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok for example, I have a folder called "iPhone pics" that I have all of my album sub-folders in. When I add the "iPhone pics" album ALL of the subfolders DO come up. When I sync the "iPhone pics" album, then check my phone it gives me 1 giganic album. For whatever reason, the sub-folders don't get seperated to my iPhone during the sync. I tried syncing each folder one by one but as previous posters have stated, syncing the next sub-folder erases the first folder... This may be a simple processg or some, but I CANNOT get it to work :/ again, I'm pretty computer savvy but this issue I just can't figure out...

Toyoma

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand, wouldn't that be the same thing as adding multiple folders therefore erasing the folder before it? Currently I am at work but I have not tried that. I assumed the when I browsed my iPhone pic folder, opened that folder, and tried to add each folder seperatly, I was in essence doing exactly that. Are you sayin that for example, if I put the contents of my iPhone pics folder (10 albums) on my desktop, I would be able to add each folder individually?

As if the albums themselves were folders rather than sub-folders*

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have never seen an option for sub folders on the IPhone. I understand your logic but if you try separate folders and it works then...problem solved right?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You cannot have subfolders, sorry :( Is "iPhone Pics" the folder that contains all the folders you want on your iPhone? If so, in iTunes just browse to that folder and select "All photos". You should see all the subfolders listed in the window. Those subfolders will be their own individual album on your iPhone.

Toyoma

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok I did manage to get the "alubums" transferred over thx to the feedback provided from you guys. Tyvm for the help... Now to figure out how to delete the "camera roll" from the iPhone itself without having to individually delete them. Any ideas?? Lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The camera roll I think you will have to delete each one from the phone itself. If you were Jailbroken there probably is a way to browse the phone and delete the camera roll but that is neither here nor there if you're not Jbroken.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're on a pc you can view the camera roll as the iPhone "drive" and select/delete (or move) all at once if you choose.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
On my mac I plug the phone in and it automatically asks if I want to download images then an option pops up if I want to delete originals. I click yes and the camera roll is cleared out. I then sync what I want on my phone thru iTunes. I do not know of a way to delete the whole "camera roll" folder at once. The folder itself is fixed and will remain on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73