iPhone 2G, worth it?

Alivemau5

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey people
(First post, woot)

I ask the question in the thread title as my current phone is a BlackBerry Bold, my carrier is Orange UK though and they are changing my price plans so I can no longer afford to keep the BlackBerry (I'm on Pay As You Go and they're limiting my data to 50MB/month for ?5! Criminal!) but O2 offer Unlimited data for ?7.50/month so I'm making the jump. Sadly, due to it not being BlackBerry Internet Service I have to sell the Bold.

Still with me? :p
I'll be eBaying the Bold tomorrow, and once it sells I was looking to maybe get an iPhone from eBay, but the only ones that seem to be in my price bracket without hitting on lucky are 2Gs. As much as I enjoy 3G speed now, I do live with EDGE and sometimes even GPRS depending where I am. And I am a fan of the metal backing of the 2G.

Think its worth it?
Thanks.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think you'd be a TON happier with the 3GS..
I too enjoy the metal backing but you can achieve this look with a certain backing called Metallico from dealsniper.com. I have it and it looks GREAT, everyone thinks my 3GS is silver.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My GF has my 1gen Iphone and it works just as good as the first day I bought it. I guess it all depends on how much you will be using the cell network for browsing, etc. ? I don't use them at all so for me it wouldn't be an issue, and you do save alot of dough going with the older model over the 3G.

Alivemau5

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't get a 3GS, I'm on a budget. Being a currently unemployed student in the UK doesn't come with much financial stability :p

But thanks for the comments, I think I've decided to get the 2G if I 100% can't get the 3G. But I was also thinking about selling my iPod Nano 4G and just using the iPhone for music (As even 8GB would be enough for me :/)

Thanks again.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Save your money till you can get the latest version! You'll be satisfied with it longer and save more money in the long run

eddiemoney13

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I've had a 2G Iphone for the past year and half, and still pretty happy with it. It still works perfectly. I am probably going to upgrade next year, but for now it does the job for me. Not the fastest on Edge, but it's adequate for me. I have wifi at home, so no speed problems when I'm there. Plus I just jailbroke my phone a couple weeks ago, and it's like a new toy all over again.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I would say get the 3G, as it is what you are looking for. You can find them at a somewhat reasonable price now, as lots of people are upgrading to the 3GS and either hand down their old phones or are selling them.

I guess that is just my opinion. But you should try to get what you want instead of settling. As mentioned previously, you will be displeased with yourself if you just settle for the 2G.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm still using my 1st gen iPhone and I still love it. A 3GS would be great but I am on a pre paid plan like you and will be sticking with it for a while longer. Get your iPhone and enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2