Does iphone have a stylus

ddclark94

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if there is a stylus that works with the iphone 3g?:confused: I have a few apps that I could use it with. If anyone know of a good one let me know.
TIA:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I bought one immediately after purchasing my first iPhone. Coming from WM and Palm with their resistive screens, it's what I'm used to. However, you have to press very hard with the iPhone stylus, and it doesn't give you any better accuracy than your finger. I don't like them.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You have a built in stylus, your finger. Don't mash the screen, you actually don't even have to touch the screen to get it to work. Lighten your touch.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I remember hearing a long time ago before the 1 gen was out that the screen used something or other to do with your body heat so people with cold fingers had problems with the touch?? am I crazy or maybe someone was just talking crap?? anyway if it is true then a stylus would be useless.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
This may answer a few questions about the iPhones capacitive screen.

Capacitive
Main article: capacitive sensing

A capacitive touchscreen panel is a sensor typically made of glass coated with a transparent conductor such as indium tin oxide (ITO). This type of sensor is basically a capacitor in which the plates are the overlapping areas between the horizontal and vertical axes in a grid pattern. Since the human body also conducts electricity, a touch on the surface of the sensor will affect the electric field and create a measurable change in the capacitance of the device. Like the stylus used in the defunct CED video disc, these sensors work on proximity of the conductive medium (finger), and do not have to be directly touched to be triggered. It is a durable technology that is used in a wide range of applications including point-of-sale systems, industrial controls, and public information kiosks. It has a higher clarity than Resistive technology, but it only responds to finger contact and will not work with a gloved hand or pen stylus unless the stylus is conductive. Examples include Apple Inc.'s iPhone and iPod Touch, HTC's G1, HTC Magic and HTC Hero, Palm Inc.'s Palm Pre and Palm Eos and more recently the LG KM900 Arena, Microsoft's Zune HD, Sony Walkman X series and Sony Ericsson's Aino.