Why I Think the iPod Touch Leaked Photos Are REAL

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Just as it says in the thread title, this is why I believe that the leaked photos of the 3rd generation iPod Touch with camera are definitely real.

Exhibit A: Pinhole microphone location. This is realistic and makes sure Apple doesn't have too many problems with iPod touch users VOIPing instead of getting an iPhone.

Exhibit B: Chinese case manufacturer leaks that had a camera hole and a mic hole in that exact spot. So this rumor is not only realistic but consistent.

Exhibit C: There are no logos or print engraved on the back of the device. This makes sense because engraving the test units would waste time and money, since they will not be sold.

Because of C, this can not be a mod of a second generation iPod touch that someone did at home just to stir poop.

Now you might say "why is the camera placed in the middle?". Well, where the iPhone's camera is, the spot is currently taken by the iPod touch's Wifi receiver. Apple spent a lot of time finding out the best place to place the WiFi receiver, and they are not going to move it.

"Why not just put it on the other side?", you say? Well, since the iPod Touch and iPhone are made to rotate left for horizontal usage (despite some apps that go against the grain and do it upside down), placing the camera on the back-left of the device would be silly and a very awkward placement to actually take pictures with horizontally. The middle is the best place to put the camera given that they can not put it in the same place as the iPhone's camera.

There, now you have no reason to believe that it is a mod, no reason to question the camera placement, no reason to question the pinhole... And the consistency is the cherry on top. I really think this is real. I wonder how Apple always ends up having their iPods leaked, but the iPhone stays so tightly under wraps every year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2